In Pursuit of Success and Happiness
Life is a cake...
It has the cake and the icing.
The cake - the real stuff - in life are relationships.
Relationship with God, Family, Friends, and Business Associates.
The icing is wealth, success, achievement, career and financial well-being.
I was on a Mach 1 velocity flying like an F150 jet fighter plane in pursuit for the icing in my life...
I found my businesses in line with my passion and core gifts.
I lost track of time as I give my all for my businesses...
What a life! I love what I am doing so much I would gladly do it for free....
Much more that I earn a lot while doing them... What a great privilege!.
What a life indeed! Or so I think...
... until my wife confronted me.
Why? Why am I so focus in all the things that I do putting all my time and energy
having no more time left for my family.
Ouch!
Have you ever been hit with a brick on your head?
It feels like that.
I could only mumble my reason and say...
"Well, I do this for our future...for you... for the dream of financial independence."
I begin to ponder and realize...
My logical reasoning is flawed...wrong.
Yes, I am doing all these for my family with grand intention in my heart...
What do I gain if at the end of the day I become very successful and
my family I have taken for granted..the very reason for all my doings is destroyed and gone?
What a pity! A very lonely picture I never dreamed of.
"Here is the man who conquers the world but losses his family and friends."
An Icing without a cake... Sweet at the beginning... Yet never satisfying...
It is lonely to celebrate success alone.
I resolve then to pursue the whole cake -- both the cake and the icing.
I still have my dream to achieve financial independence. I still have my dream businesses running....
But if I need to slow down a bit and do some pit stops once in a while...
and delay my financial independence by 3 to 5 years.... arriving the finish line with my
family intact, with my relationships intact, with my relationship with
God vibrant and growing and my values preserved... then success would be sweeter
and life will be meaningful.
Is it possible to have the best of both worlds? Why Not.
And this is the challenge I want to embrace... finding a way to success
bringing along my family with me.
It reminds me of two quotes I read many many months ago:
"No external success can compensate for failure inside the family." - anonymous
"Beware of what you become in the pursuit of what you really want." - Jim Rohn.
Before wealth and financial success are my God, my family, my friends, and my health.
Then and only then success becomes permanent. God bless us always.
No comments:
Post a Comment