Book Review: HTML 4 for the world wide web
Good day!
What kind of animal is HTML? Is it a name of a company?
For non-tech friends out there, it simply stands for Hypertext Markup Language.
A language or program used in making websites... Not an interesting thing for non-tech people. huh? Can be quite overwhelming at times...I know some friends who shut there minds off and start to hibernate
upon hearing the words "computers" and "computer programs".
Well, we can't blame them. Since immemorial, computer world came up with lots of jargons that geeks and computer experts love so much yet intimidating to newbies. Computer world had been an exclusive arena for the great software guys.
Well not anymore. Got some good news for my non-techie friends!
I made my blogs without even knowing much about this HTML language. Just the basic maybe... Thanks to the blogger.com and similar programs. They made it easier for everyone to post things on the internet world.
I had been surfing on the web for quite some time and occasionally stop and stare on some fabulous websites. I wish I could have same savvy cool websites. Then and there, I made it a goal - some form of stretching myself - of learning something different. I wonder if I could learn how to tweak some colors, frames, put some cool images, and moving gifs on my simple website. I resolved to learn more about HTML.
Voila! HTML 4 for the World Wide Web is such a great buddy. Written by Elizabeth Castro. It was copyrighted on 1997 yet 10 years after, it is still relevant to the current website - making.
This book is not just for beginners and newbies. It has wealth of information that even seasoned programmers can make use of it as a reference or book - per - need - basis.
Thanks. It was a timely encounter.
What I like in the book is it is straight to the point, with lots of graphics that break monotony and boredom and made my HTML adventure a little bearable and of course enjoyable.
I feel sleepy reading on long program codes and long explanations. This is more or less a “look and click”.
So much for that.
Will I be a good website designer someday? We will, see...
Planning to apply what I learned and put up a better website soon!!!
I remain your friend,
Reynor Buenaflor
You are what you read! Feed your mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment